Monday 6 September 2010

Favourite game & answers to questions / 2D & 3D

Heavenly Sword


I like the artwork because it looks like it was hand drawn and coloured. There’s a lot of detail and I like the sharp looking sword pointing towards you.

The artwork tells me that the game is a fantasy game and the main character is a woman. It also tells me that your main weapon in the game is a giant sword known as the “Heavenly Sword”.

In my opinion I think the box art does a very nice job at making the game look Hollywood, interesting and good quality.

I think the game is targeted to people who like to play games like God of War and other similar fantasy hack and slash games.

Yes I think the artwork does sell for the main target of audience because you can see it’s clearly going to be a fantasy game by the art style and the title. The main character has very long hair which is quite unrealistic but people think it's cool like the Final Fantasy games.

There is one thing I would to change about the cover because there’s another character you play as in the game and her name is “Kai”. She’s very small in the bottom left corner on the cover; I would've had Kai stand out as clearly as “Nariko” (the main character holding the sword). Nariko’s image is larger and in colour, Kai should be near the same.

2D & 3D

2D is two dimensions, length and width.
2D is basically flat like a hand drawn image. Usually with a 2D image, they will add shade to make it appear more 3D. With 2D video games, you can not look around the image and this limits the gameplay style to only moving forward, backwards, up and down.

3D is three dimensions, length, width and depth.
3D is realistic because everything in reality is technically 3D. You can look around 3D objects and in video games, you're not limited with which direction the player can move. The player can also move and look around the image placed in front of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment